Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Our Saturdays.....

Our Saturdays are seldom routine.
There is rarely a schedule to our Saturdays.

Some Saturdays we grocery shop.
Some Saturdays we hit Hobby Lobby.
Some Saturdays we go out to eat and play on the playground.
Some Saturdays we sit at home and watch movies.

And this Saturday was no different.
We had company this Saturday. My friend A and her two little lovelies popped in so we could master the art of frosting cupcakes. And catch up, and talk, and compare stories, and watch and wait to see how our little ones would react to each other this time. And it was all good!!
Ok, so maybe we didn't Master the art of frosting, but we got one step closer.














Here are my Brown Butter Pumpkin cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese frosting, they were so good!!

After that, the girls and I decided to watch another movie in hopes that Katelynn might settle down and take a nap. That did not happen. So after an hour or so of trying to convince her that she needed a nap, we started playing.

Katelynn got to make up the "games" today and she had a couple of whoppers!!

First we went outside to play in the playhouse. This involved books, billfolds and a big white stick she called her "golf stick". Not sure what the rules were, but obviously little sister and I had them all wrong because Katelynn spent a good deal of the time yelling "NO!!" to both of us.


































Aubrey and her billfold.




















Katelynn and her (MY!) book and she appears to be "stamping" the birthday card I received from my friend, A. (Note the "golf stick" under her arm.)


After playing outside for a while we headed in for a snack and then a much needed bath. Maybe it is just at our house, but on a Saturday afternoon, after a bath, it is a bit difficult to get clothes back on those girls. Note that I said "THOSE GIRLS". I do not want to scare any friends into not dropping by on a Saturday afternoon. Brian and I are always fully clothed. You are just taking a gamble with an almost 3 year old and 1 year old. =)

Our next game was dress up. Of course the only "clothes" we put on were jewelry, shoes and purses!! I believe she was channeling her inner Lady Gaga, a puzzle piece became a ring, she let the beads hang long and she was rockin' it!!









































I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me. Papa-paparazzi.

Then Mommy was asked to join in on the dress up game. We had to get dressed up because Nanaw was coming to take us out to eat dinner. We were going to have "salad, tea and Pinese" (Chinese). All that K needed was a nice pair of shoes, so that was all I had to have. (Whew!!)
Katelynn picked out a comfy pair of sensible flats for Mommy. She on the other hand went in the totally opposite direction!








































I bet Jessica Simpson NEVER thought her heels would be paired with Yo Gabba Gabba panties!!

My little Miss Aubrey just followed along. Neither complaining nor voicing an opinion of the ridiculously fabulousness that was our Saturday!!

She is such a sweet little girl. But I have a feeling once she gets older and gets a handle on her older sister's "games", Watch Out World!!!!

Because she is definitely following in Katelynn's well thought out, all-be-it in high heels, footsteps.


No comments:

Post a Comment