Monday, November 14, 2011

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your Hair.....

and let's PARTY!!
This Friday was Katelynn's and Ryan's 3rd and 6th Birthday Party!!

Katelynn wanted to have a Tangled theme and Ryan was kind enough to let us.
We had a combo Knight/Tangled Princess party and it was a good time.

I really enjoy sharing the party with Ryan (and my cousin Tami) because I get to spend time with family and that is what I love. But I think this may be the last year. Ryan was a champ, but you could see he was questioning all the Tangled decorations. OK, OK, so I went overboard as usual!! =)
Here are a few pictures from the party.

We made a long braid for the front door. This set the mood for the Tangled-ness that was about to explode in your face. Yep, Ryan, you're right. Nothing here that says a 6 year old boy's party. Sorry.......again.






















Tami made up a cute table for the cupcakes and the food. She had Knight Shields and Swords for the guests.















I made the cupcakes and found some adorable cupcakes toppers by sweetenyourday an Etsy shop. They were fairytale books, and then, of course, Tangled toppers. There was a frying pan, a braid, a crown, a paintbrush and Paschal. He was definitely the favorite!!

















I also made some jello cups that represented when Eugene and Rapunzel were out on the water waiting for the lanterns to be released. This seemed to be a pretty big hit at the party. Who knew that everyone still loves jello!!

















We also served some of the sides in frying pans, Rapunzel's weapon of choice. But I forgot to take pictures of that.
Tami and Thomas supplied a banquet, literally, of hotdogs, beans, chips, queso...I could go on and on.

It was a lot of fun!

And also our prayers were answered and it was warm enough for the Bounce House to be set up in the backyard! I think the kids really enjoyed this.































"Look Mom!! I'm flying....."


Thomas also went above and beyond in decorating the backyard. Everything was perfect!!!
My pictures did not turn out because of the flash but he put white lights all over the play fort in the backyard. It was so nice.

I think both Ryan and Katelynn enjoyed their party.
I don't know, maybe they are wishing for a joint Birthday party again next year.
Ryan, it's your choice next. I promise!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment