Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Very Busy Weekend...

This past weekend was very busy for the Bateman Family.  We headed to Tulsa for a couple of days, then to Mulhall for a race and then Mother's Day on Sunday.  It was a good time though. We spent a lot of time together as a family, something we don't get to do for that many consecutive days.

Thursday afternoon Brian and I packed up the  girls and we headed to Tulsa to see The Fresh Beat Band in concert. It was something that I have been looking forward to for a very long time.

Before we went to the show we walked around downtown Tulsa for a little bit;  having lunch and chasing bunnies, you know, the normal things you do downtown.

Here we are at Billy's having lunch.

Daddy took the girls to see a statue in one of the offices downtown. They were intrigued by the man reading the paper.

Katelynn and Aubrey by the water fountain in front of the BOK Building.

The little bunny we caught having an afternoon snack. (Aubrey tried to follow it back into its "home" in the shrubbery.)

The girls loved the hotel room, who wouldn't? The ran around for about 15 minutes repeating "Holy Mackerel" and to hear Aubrey say it is the cutest thing EVER!

Checking out the shower

Opening EVERY SINGLE drawer

Kiki's funny face!

After we got back and "Fresh"ened up it was time to head to the Brady and get ready for The Fresh Beat Band.

Katelynn in her Rockstar Jacket my Aunt Linda made for her.

Aubrey all dressed up.

These were our seats. 2nd row!!!!

The infamous Twist!

Marina, Kiki, Twist and Shout

Katelynn dancing

They girls were in awe

Action shot!!

After the concert we went to an after party just around the block from the theatre. The girls got dance lessons from a couple of the FBB dancers.  They also got to color, play dress-up, play on instruments and then there was a meet and greet with the band members.

Kiki coloring a picture of...Twist. Shocking!!

Aubrey loved the little canvas tent/tunnels.

Katelynn walked up to Twist and gave him a hug, then she told Kiki that her names was Kiki too. And Aubrey did not hesitate to climb up on Kiki's lap for a picture. It was really a good time!!

Needless to say, after the after party we filled up on fine Mexican cuisine and then headed to the hotel to crash!

Friday morning we went to see Aunt Julie at work. The girls loved going up to the 16th floor in the elevator and they loved the view from Aunt Julie's office. Not sure if Aunt Julie's neighbors liked the fact that two little girls kept walking into their offices, but hey, it was a Friday!!

After that we headed to the Aquarium.  Katelynn really enjoyed this. The first thing she was able to do was touch a starfish. After that she was "hooked".  (I kill me, really!)

There is that funny face again.

Feeding the turtles with Daddy

The girls really enjoyed this.

Saturday morning we headed out early to Mulhall so I could run in the Dirty 30 with some friends. We had a great time and I am so glad that Brian and the girls were there with me.  It was the best feeling when I came up on top of a hill about to plunge into the first of 3 mud pits and there was Brian and my girls yelling for me.

Melissa and me before the race.

When I saw B and the girls before the first mud pit

The finish line

Me. Melissa and Mary 

Melissa and me after the race

Mother's Day was perfect.  I woke up early and just chilled by myself for a little bit and then everyone else woke up. The girls and Brian gave me presents, a Beatles mouse pad and cowboy boots, PERFECT!!

Then we headed off to Church where the men in our Sunday School Class made breakfast. It was delicious. Then for dinner we headed to Uncle Paul's house and he grilled out. Everything was so delicious and so relaxing. The perfect end to a perfect weekend.

Noah playing the guitar with Paul

Ridgley Hayes, gorgeous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment