Monday, June 8, 2009

Wonderful Weekend....


Well, what can I say, we had a WONDERFUL weekend!! Saturday morning we all got up, some a little later than others (ahem... just kidding), and went to the Edmond Farmer's Market. Here is a pic of K before we headed out. And yes!! That is a bow in her HAIR! (OK, it didn't stay in for long, but darn it, it was in there.) 
It was the first time we had been and it was very nice. They had some wonderful veggies, lots of fruits, baked breads, jams, butter, salsa, BBQ and flowers. (Brian loved the flowers. We might have even found him another Father's Day gift, we'll see.) We purchased a couple pounds of blackberries and then headed home. K and I then took a short trip to K-town to visit G-ma Trudy and Nanaw Mickie while Brian mowed the yard and transplanted the flowers we bought at Edmond Feed. We had plans Saturday evening to go to a cookout that some really good friends were having. So I set off to make a Blackberry Cobbler. I did and it was pretty good. We then went to the BBQ where Brian and a few others went swimming at the neighborhood pool. K and I decided to sit by the pool in the shade. We headed back to their house and had an amazing dinner outside on their patio. This has left me feeling we NEED a nice patio set for the backyard. (It would never get used because it is too hot outside since we have no trees in the backyard which then leads me to believe we NEED some trees in our backyard.... it is a vicious cycle!!) We got home a little late that evening, so Sunday morning K and I stayed home from church to try and work in a much needed nap that didn't happen. But who could blame her, it was beautiful and she had so many toys that needed to be played with. After a visit from Lolli and Pop, K went down for that nap and almost 2 hours later we had to wake her up because we had to be up at church to help out with our Sunday School missional project. Then it was home and bed!! I think we will be visiting the farmer's Market quite a bit throughout the summer and hopefully attend a few more BBQs. 

2 comments:

  1. Girl....I can barely SEE that bow. Where are her southern sassy style bows? Do LA and EK need to teach her a thing or two?

    I've been wanting to try out the FM, you've just sold me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and we missed you Sunday morning! :)

    ReplyDelete